Implementing an Innovative Preventative Health Promotion Clinic (a one-day MediCoach workshop)
How your medical centre can innovate and differentiate with targeted preventative health promotion.
By pioneering a preventative care program for your clients, you will not only deliver better health outcomes, you will stand-out from your competitors. By responding to the growing demand for wellness, you will:
- establish a point of difference that clients are seeking
- develop effective early intervention programs
- deliver best practice standards for stopping or reversing disease progression in your community
This in-house MediCoach workshop will demonstrate how such a program can be affordable (in fact, revenue-positive) in a primary health care setting and how it can save critical dollars in the broader health care budget.
We'll show you:
- How to deliver preventative health promotion programs for diseases such as metabolic syndrome, heart and kidney health, stroke prevention and sedentary disease
- How to find and access an untapped client base (and revenue stream), and engage them in a program to improve long-term health outcomes
- How to implement required systems that underpin an effective preventative program
- How your practitioners can draw on years of therapeutic management to deliver behaviour and lifestyle modifications
- How to optimise your capacity – what is essential for high quality, accessible patient care services including a workforce that is trained plus the facilities and organisation to support the delivery of competent care
We'll teach you about:
- Using PEN audit tool to uncover uncoded at-risk clients (including appropriate filters)
- The documentation and systems you'll need to streamline care
- The MBS items available to deliver via your Preventative Health Promotion Clinic (earning $500-$600 per client per annum)
- Introducing and implementing a Preventative Health Promotion Clinic
- Improving client health outcomes and quality of life
- Decreasing unplanned hospital admissions caused by poor adherence to clinical recommendation
- The option to use targeted software (such as web-based Precedence Health) to further amplify benefits and outcomes of your program
- Ensuring a safe working environment for your team, and risk-free access for clients and public.
Option A – MediCoach training component
Option B – MediCoach training component + Wellness Coaching Australia training (up to Level 3), an option that lets you add one or more health and wellness coaches to your clinic.
Price depends on number of nurses you need WCA trained
To find out more about your clinic's potential or to book a presentation, contact:
Kim Poyner / Medicoach
Ph: 0408 174 231
MediCoach is a training enterprise dedicated to helping health care teams provide better health outcomes (and generate more revenue) through effective care planning. We deliver targeted in-house training that works. We partner closely with teams to help implement innovative and proven frameworks that are team-based and client-centred.
About Kim Poyner
Kim is founder of MediCoach, winner of the 2015 APNA Best Practice Award in Nursing for Chronic Disease Management, and now nominee for Hesta Nurse of the Year. Kim has been invited to work with the World Health Organisation on obesity prevention workshops. She presents at national conferences and Primary Health Networks on developing sustainable frameworks to decrease financial health burdens.
Kim is a Level 3 graduate of Wellness Coaching Australia, a consulting health & wellness coach, and draws on 11 years as an Intensive Care Nurse. A Team Care Coordinator at a large medical centre on Victoria's Surf Coast Kim has implemented a framework that's seen care planning revenue increase ten-fold.
"Kim has added a significantly innovative approach to our team by developing a wellness coaching program which has focused on our less motivated diabetic patients who are part of our diabetes chronic disease management protocol. For this protocol we use Precedence Health's CDMnet IT portal which in itself is quite innovative linking all professionals and the patient into an online portal for the comprehensive management of a number of chronic diseases, in this case diabetes." Dr Tim Denton MBBS GAICD, Chair Barwon Medicare Local
"The journey to avoid diabetes really needs a life coach and for this I am eternally grateful. As a senior citizen of 73 years for many of us we have chosen to ignore the vital signs that all is not well, however the journey with you over the last 3 months has rewarded me with a path to wellness that I have not experienced in the last 5 years." Peter Gordon