In Clinic Training
Engage, Streamline and Prosper (a one-hour MediCoach presentation)
How your clinic can thrive through effective care planning.
Can we optimise your practice potential?
Every clinic has the potential to provide improved health outcomes and intentionally create streamlined and efficient systems that can impact positively your bottom line. We have seen this time and time again. It can be easier than you think – and much less stressful on your team. It's clinically viable, great for your community and profitable.
This MediCoach session unlocks the major keys to successful care planning – client engagement and streamlined systems.
We’ll show you:
- How to unravel the myriad of MBS item numbers
- How a skilled Team Care Coordinator is critical to optimising your clinic's earning potential
- How this approach acts like an insurance policy for following RACGP guidelines and avoiding fraudulent claims
- How to delegate and ensure team members are working within their scope of practice
- How to use techniques / tools to improve client recruitment and retention
- How to identify often undetected and high-risk clients within your clinic
We’ll tell you about:
- Using PEN audit tool to uncover uncoded chronic disease clients (including appropriate filters)
- A systematic framework to ensure effective and timely management of clients
- Medicare Item numbers: claiming rules and guidelines; identifying relevant MBS numbers; PIP payment and SIP payment overview
- Nurse skill set requirements: client engagement, health literacy tools and templates
- Developing long-term vision for your practice, client outcomes and financial opportunities.
You'll have an understanding of what's possible, what's required to achieve potential results and what MediCoach services are available to help.
MediCoach is a training enterprise dedicated to helping health care teams provide better health outcomes (and generate more revenue) through effective care planning. We deliver targeted in-house training that works. We partner closely with teams to help implement innovative and proven frameworks that are team-based and client-centred.
About Kim Poyner
Kim Poyner has an extensive history working with medical centres and Primary Health Networks to train medical professionals in Behaviour change theory and Chronic disease management.
Kim was awarded the 2015 Australian Best Practice Nurse award in Chronic Disease Management and has successfully completed her NBME exams for international endorsement of her coaching qualifications. In addition, she is training Health Professionals across Australia in the Health Care home trial, readiness projects, and Quality Improvement strategies.
She regularly presents at National conferences as a key note speaker on Change Management, Teaming, Coaching, Chronic Disease management, Creating Efficiency in General Practice and Care Co-ordination. Through her business MediCoach Kim mentor’s nurses and organisations to achieve their best, ensuring they are resilient in the changing health landscape.
"Most people know what they need to do to change, they just want someone to walk alongside them, be their champion for change, and listen to what they are saying." Kim Poyner
"Ultimately, it is such highly skilled professionals like Kim who will lead to far greater control of our growing chronic disease management area. This results in fitter patients managed substantially in the primary health setting, which will significantly save the health budget millions of dollars." Dr Tim Denton MBBS GAICD, Chair Barwon Medicare Local